3.28.2013

Adventures (and Misadventures, I'm sure of it) in the Woods

236 page views on March 26?! Geez. A lot of you out there apparently care about my life... shucks :)

The week in review:
Friday, 3/22: All is normal, business as usual.
Saturday, 3/23: (Technically Sunday) 4AM wake-up from the monsters that live upstairs.
Sunday, 3/24: (Technically Monday) 12:30AM wake-up from the monsters that live upstairs. Two nights in a row is 2 too many... Put on my bathrobe, marched around the building to their front door, rang the door bell, and served a slice a' Liz.
Monday, 3/25: 8:30am, receive phone call that JB had been in a wreck and had visited a hospital near me. JB in ICU. I choose to take over JB's contract work with Brevard College co-leading the 21-day trip (that leaves this Wednesday). Minor freak out about change of events and having to quit my job :-\ (What are they going to say?!) Quit my job (they were sad & disappointed, but understood). Visited JB in ICU. Took husband out to eat at my "new" favorite calzone joint.
Tuesday, 3/26: Half-day at work to clean house. Boss took me, Michele, & Henry out to lunch at my "new" favorite calzone joint (2 calzones in 2 days!). Visited JB in normal hospital room, looking perkier.
Wednesday, 3/27: Enjoyed a hike in the woods with the dog. Packed my crap & ran errands. Made lodging arrangements for my trip to Brevard. Cooked a couple meals for husband.
Thursday, 3/28: Visted JB in hospital (definitely more "out of it" and in pain). Enjoyed a hike in the woods with the dog. Made final packing arrangements. Will leave for Brevard this evening.

Anticipating...
Friday, 3/29: Tour a few housing possibilities for when we move to Brevard full-time. Meet at Brevard College to turn-in employment documents, pack food & paddling equipment, and get general run-down of trip. Stay with friends.
Saturday, 3/30: Hit the trail. Backpacking & paddling for a couple weeks. Life could be worse.

Whew! What a whirlwind. See you in a couple weeks. Updates on JB on Facebook...

2 comments:

The Hoo said...

you deserve the pageviews, you're doing brave stuff indeed. good luck and I wish I was in Brevard to enjoy y'all's return!

Elizabeth said...

not brave... just doing what you need to... stressful? YES. :)

we wish you were in Brevard too... I will be enjoying mocha "squirrels" (Andy and I are lame, I know) and thinking of you!