2.08.2013

Adventures with Heels & Wheels

You know a story's going to be good when it starts with, "So it all started with a Google search..."
So it all started with a Google search...
I've been really amped on women & cycling recently. I'm attending the National Bike Summit in Washington, D.C. next month. In addition to the Summit, I'll also be attending the Women's Bike Forum slated for the day before. In getting prepared for the Summit (this is the first political thing I've done in my entire adulthood), I've been reseaching the speakers at both the Summit & the Women's Forum. And let me tell ya, there are some really awesome women doing really cool things in their local communities... and I really feel like this is an avenue that I'm drawn to, and would really enjoy! 
Anyway, I started searching women's cycling accessories, and one thing led to another, and I found myself searching for clipless-compatible high-heeled cycling shoes. This photo came up on my search:
Of course, my wheels started turning. Instructables had a tutorial on its site, but after reading the entire thing, I got confused & frustrated. Well, while Michele, Erin, & I were out purchasing items for our Ladies Night Out craft table, Zack made a prototype for us!!!! 
  
 
I do my own stunts. And I was clipped in for all of this! Thanks Zack for making a girl's dreams come true!
More photos on Facebook.

No comments: